As advocates for animal welfare, Helping Hands Humane Society, Inc. provides sanctuary for animals in need of compassionate care and protection. We accept responsibility for:
- Fostering the adoption of healthy animals into responsible homes and reuniting lost animals with their owners.
- Reducing overpopulation by promoting sterilization of animals.
- Providing an accessible facility with effective leadership and well-trained staff.
- Serving the community through education and addressing animal welfare issues.
- Maintaining a fiscally responsible organization by adhering to the highest standards of integrity.
Funding from Grey Muzzle will support a new program at Helping Hands Humane Society. This program will allow better care for senior dogs by maximizing their health and comfort level, both of which will either increase the dog's chances for adoption or extend and make more comfortable the remainder of their life spent in a hospice foster care situation.
Grant funds will be used to support dental care for seniors - thorough dental exams for all and warranted remediation of identified issues for those in need will be made available to all senior dogs in their care. Dental issues are one of the most prevalent health concerns for senior dogs. Taking action to identify and correct dental issues for senior dogs will remove a barrier for prospective adopters. By implementing a program that addresses the issues of physical, joint and dental health, the physical comfort, adoptability and quality of life of senior dogs in their care will be greatly improved.